Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Rank doesn't mean power

Saying you support your troops means nothing. Doing something for your troops means something.
Being the daughter of a Navy cheif, I was raised with the idea of supporting the troops, and patriotism runs in my blood.
But lately, it seems like even people in the Navy-no, the SPOUSES, are becoming nothing but... drama filled complete... well I try not to be offensive, but white trash. I am sorry if this offends anyone, but this is my personal opinion of the people who live around me who seem to have nothing better to do with their time but start drama with my family and let their kids run around screaming and yelling and being rude. I am sorry, but I was raised better than that. I don't believe that is how people and children should act.
But, I guess it's not my place to judge that.
And these 'support' groups, an example is the FRG(family readiness groups), are nothing but pure drama.
My mom doesn't take drama or ignorance well. She cannot stand to by part of the FRG because it only even leads to drama because people have nothing better to do than talk crap about her. is it not rude? Well now my mother is the frg president, because she wants to see the frg like it was when she first joined the military family 18 years ago.
Also, the other day i heard two women fighting over a parking spot, I heard one god "Well MY husband is a senior cheif" and the lady who was there first actuall gave up the spot!
Rank means nothing exceot they deserve a bit more respect. There is no reason their wives are spouses should be treated any different than anyone else.
Maybe I'm just old fashioned.
but this is just my opinion.

~Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment